- This event has passed.
Calming the Chaos
September 29 @ 12:00 pm - 4:00 pm$25
Saturday, September 29, 2018 | 12:00 pm-4:00 pm
Abundant Life Community Church, 3986 Humbert Rd. Alton, IL 62002
$25 Registration fee covers you and your team of volunteers!
$5 lunch optional from 11am-12 pm proceeds help kids in Thailand
Trauma Informed Care Training Event
“He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds.” Psalms 147:3
Join us for this 4 hour training designed to help ministry leaders and volunteers that work with children and teens to better understand the behaviors of children that have been through trauma. Open to all churches and denominations. All leadership and volunteer staff are encouraged to attend.
Guest speakers, Angie Darden & Erin Bickle from Refuge will be sharing about:
- Adverse Childhood Experiences
- Mental and physical impacts of childhood exposure to trauma
- Understanding the behaviors of children with trauma
- Tools to use in the church setting
- Burnout of volunteers: How to stop secondary trauma
- The Trauma-Informed Church and paradigm shift